Prohibited uses of vehicles
Only approved HyreCar renters can book and drive a car while it is under a HyreCar reservation. To be an “approved HyreCar renter” means that the member has submitted his or her License information, the driving history continues to meet our eligibility requirements, and that the member is still in good standing. The renter of a vehicle may NOT allow any other person to drive the vehicle even if it is another HyreCar member.
Engaging in any Prohibited Uses with a HyreCar vehicle will be grounds for fines, suspension and/or cancellation of your membership. It will also lower the renter's liability coverage to state minimum limits or nullify coverage where allowable by applicable state law; if the owner has encouraged the engagement in a Prohibited Use, HyreCar may close their account.
Prohibited vehicle uses and activities include:
- Permitting someone who is not an approved HyreCar renter to drive a HyreCar vehicle.
- Driving a manual transmission car without being expert in the use of clutches and manual transmissions. Note: If the drive train of a manual transmission car is damaged, the renter will be presumed to be at fault and will be held fully liable for repair of any damaged components of the car, with the clutch-related costs further detailed in this entry support.HyreCar.com
- Allowing the HyreCar vehicle to be pushed or towed by anyone other than an authorized law enforcement or service vehicle.
- Using a HyreCar vehicle to: to tow or push anything, other than on paved roads (whether "off-roading", driving on unimproved roads or parking areas, or otherwise), in any race, test, or competition, with the intention to cause damage, or with wanton, willful, or reckless disregard for safety, unless a reservation has been booked. Using HyreCar vehicles without reservations or outside your reservation time constitutes unauthorized use, during or due to use in the commission of a crime or any other illegal activity or purpose, o while the renter is under the influence of alcohol above the legal limit or any drug or medication under the effects of which the operation of a vehicle is prohibited or not recommended, when it has been loaded beyond its rated capacity or with more passengers than the vehicle has seat belts, outside the 50 United States; or without a valid license, or if you do not meet our Eligibility Requirements. It is your responsibility to inform us when your license is expired or suspended, or if you believe you may no longer meet our Eligibility Requirements, to transport any flammable, toxic, volatile, poisonous, dangerous or illegal substances, to transport a pet outside of a pet carrier that keeps all pet hair inside the carrier.
- Making any alterations, additions or improvements to any vehicle.
- Fueling a HyreCar vehicle with an improper type of fuel.